L10 is a single family house, composed of two separate rectangular volumes, parallel to each other and to the road on the West. They are arranged along the north-south axis, adapting to the topography and facing the rice fields to the east.
The first volume is a wooden construction suspended above the soil and resting over the second concrete volume of the pool, thus creating a large platform over the fantastic view. Protecting the house to the street there is a small dune with autochthonous vegetation, letting the sun go through but avoiding the direct stares of passers-by.
The concept embraces the horizontality of the landscape and location with the local materials and craftsmanship, resulting in a beautiful architectural element that reminds us of the bliss which is being inside.
From the outside in rests as a perfectly integrated house, calm and serene transporting us to the quality of the local environment .
- Project NameL10 House
- LocationComporta, Portugal
- Gross Built Area239 m2
- ArchitecturePM-ARQ, Pereira Miguel Arquitectos
- CoordinationLuís Cabral Pereira Miguel, Filipe Martins Correia
- CollaboratorsAna Abrantes, Inês Félix, Isa Esteves
- EngineeringLNM engenharia civil (concrete structure), Portilame (wooden structure), Projecto - Engenheiros Associados (other projects)
- ContractorBeach Blue, Portilame
- Project Year2016
- Completion Year2017
- PhotographerFG+SG - Fernando Guerra, Pereira Miguel Arquitectos